Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My Jess is here and I love her but...

  1. #1
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Some locks of hair in the back of her head have been cut! [img]mad.gif[/img] I really do love her, and I'm glad I bought her, the only part I don't understand is this: Is her hair supposed to be cut a little in the back? Should I return my Jess for another? HELP!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2006
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She comes with 2 braided pigtails, right? If so, nothing wrong with that! They do that to give her a more natural look and the wigcap doesn't shine through this way. Molly haves it and Marisol, too. And I think, Kirsten also haves it.

    Actually, it will be easier this way to redo her hair later, once, the original style was taken out. I rebraided my Molly recently, and through those clipped hairs, it was pretty easy to find the original line back.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 02, 2006 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Martina's*Mommy ]</font>

  3. #3
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Oh!!! That makes since! THANK YOU

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2006
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I spent a good part of the evening playing with Marisol's hair... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Gotta love this hairdo-book from AG!

  5. #5
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I know! It's one of the best books for dolls I have ever seen. I haven't seen the doll hair DVD yet though.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2006
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still trying my luck on the french braids - I always wanted to know, how to braid them, but no luck so far - I just don't get it.
    But Marisol haves those triple-braided pigtails now... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still trying my luck on the french braids - I always wanted to know, how to braid them, but no luck so far - I just don't get it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Try here- http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/b...les_french.htm

    French Braiding is REALLY easy once you get the hang of it. I can put my hair in french braid pigtails in about 2 minutes, (and my hair is waist-length). Once you tackle those, try for the inside out ones, they look SO much harder than they are, but are (I think) a lot cuter!

  8. #8
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Some Jess have that, and some don't. Also some Marisols had the little hairs and some didn't. IMO I would NEVER buy any doll that didn't have the little hairs. I think the wig cap showing is ugly.

  9. #9
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I dib't know about the cut hairs even though I have a Kirsten. You see, I bought Kirsten on ebay and the saler said her her got a little hair cut in the back by the braids. So I though the prevoious owner had done it, now I see they come that way if the doll has braided hair ect.! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •